- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Fabricio Werdum says Alistair Overeem “is on a special juice all the time”
MMA veteran Fabricio Werdum has once again accused Alistair Overeem of using steroids, adding that the former Strikeforce Heavyweight champion has a “chicken heart” and would most likely get KO’d by Junior dos Santos.
Werdum is currently on a two-fight win streak in the UFC, with sights on the long-anticipated rematch with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in mid-2013. The pair will also coach at TUF: Brazil 2.
It’s not the first time the Brazilian has something spicy to say about Overeem. Fans still remember the Brazilian saying in almost every interview that Alistair Overeem is “his son”, which was never taken seriously by The Demolition Man. Many thought Fabricio Werdum’s comments were lost in translition, but now it seems that there’s a real animosity between Vai Cavalo and The Reem (interview via Caged Insider):
“For sure, the time in 2006, when I fought with him. For sure he was on the juice again. The special juice. All the time he’s on the special juice. I don’t know. In Japan it’s not like here in the U.S.A. There’s a lot of control, I like that, but in 2006 in Japan, in Pride there was control, but not 100 percent. They had tests but don’t find the drugs.”
“Yes, maybe Dos Santos knocks down [Overeem]. I think this because Dos Santos has good boxing, he’s a smart guy, very confident in his stand up. I know Alistair Overeem was a champ at K-1 with good stand-up too, but I don’t think Overeem does have a big heart. Dos Santos has a big heart, Overeem has a chicken heart.”
So what do you think, LowKick’ers. Do you think Fabricio Werdum is just trying to pave his way to a title shot? Who would win in a rematch between the two? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.