- Yoel Romero Accuses Tim Kennedy Of Cheating At UFC 178
- Dominick Cruz Believes CM Punk Will Get Eaten Alive In UFC
- Jose Aldo: I Hope Conor McGregor’s Next, Because It Would Be A Huge Fight
- UFC Fight Night 58 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Lyoto Machida Wants Jacare Souza After He Knocks out Dollaway
- Video: Watch CM Punk’s Heated Interview With Michael Landsberg
- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-In Results: Barao On Point, Cummins Overweight
- UFC Fight Night 58 Open Workouts: Machida & Dollaway Hit The Pads
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
Fabricio Werdum: Big Nog Hits Hard, But I Saw The Opportunity On The Ground
Surging UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio ‘Vai Cavalo’ Werdum appears via Fuel TV to discuss his pivotal win over Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC on Fuel TV 10 last night. Werdum discussed his desire for a title shot, but he knows that a Cain/JDS III bout is likely inevitable first. Werdum slightly injured his hand punching Nogueira, but he did not break any bones apparently.
Werdum took on another BJJ master in Big Nog, and he noted that it was very different fighting in Brazil with a crowd that was 80% pro-Nogueira. With his stunning armbar over the always tough-to-finish Nogueira, the previously #3 ranked Werdum puts himself firmly in the title picture.
‘Vai Cavalo’ notes that Big Nog had some serious punching power, so he saw his advantage on the ground, and looked like a true wizard with his transitions. Werdum is gaining momentum at the right time, but may have to fight again before getting his title shot. Who should be his next opponent?