- UFC 181 Free Fight: Georges St. Pierre Squeaks By Johny Hendricks
- Vitor Belfort Passes Random NSAC Drug Test
- Will Weidman vs. Belfort Actually Happen At UFC 184?
- Joe Rogan Calls Ronda Rousey “Once Ever” Fighter
- Bobby Green Thinking About Retiring After UFC Fight Night 57
- Ricardo Lamas Hoping For Conor McGregor Next
- UFC Fight Night 57 Frankie Edgar vs Cub Swanson Breakdown
- Luke Rockhold Signs 8-Fight UFC Contract, Headed For “Big Fight”
- Frankie Edgar Believes Conor McGregor’s Never Been In Deep Water
- UFC Reportedly Suffers 40 Percent Drop In Profit During 2014
Fabricio Werdum: Big Nog Hits Hard, But I Saw The Opportunity On The Ground
Surging UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio ‘Vai Cavalo’ Werdum appears via Fuel TV to discuss his pivotal win over Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC on Fuel TV 10 last night. Werdum discussed his desire for a title shot, but he knows that a Cain/JDS III bout is likely inevitable first. Werdum slightly injured his hand punching Nogueira, but he did not break any bones apparently.
Werdum took on another BJJ master in Big Nog, and he noted that it was very different fighting in Brazil with a crowd that was 80% pro-Nogueira. With his stunning armbar over the always tough-to-finish Nogueira, the previously #3 ranked Werdum puts himself firmly in the title picture.
‘Vai Cavalo’ notes that Big Nog had some serious punching power, so he saw his advantage on the ground, and looked like a true wizard with his transitions. Werdum is gaining momentum at the right time, but may have to fight again before getting his title shot. Who should be his next opponent?