- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
Exclusive Footage Shows Dominick Cruz Back Training In The Gym
Former longtime bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has had his fair share of injury woes in recent years; ‘The Dominator’ has been out of action for three years due to a torn ACL, and had to vacate his UFC title due to a groin injury earlier this year.
Renan Barao battled, and beat Urijah Faber for the unified crown and the WEC vet Cruz has been left by the wayside. Probably the best piece of news concerning the former champion in a while has been released today, as AXS TV Fights caught exclusive footage of Cruz in training once again.
The embattled ‘Dominator’ has remained unbeaten since 2007, with his last fight in 2011 against Demetrious Johnson, and appears to be getting back to fighting fitness. A comeback will be very tough, even for a great athlete like Cruz, as the division has been taken over by a new dominant force, in the form of Brazilian kingpin ‘Baron’.
That being said, the shallow nature of the top end at 135 pounds could allow Cruz to be in with a good shout for an immediate title shot. It all depends on the timescale for his return, but ‘The Dominator’ should at least be offered a shot at a rubber match with Urijah Faber. Or should he get a warm up fight first?
Check out Cruz in action below, and stay tuned to LowKick!