- Grapple At The Garden Results: Maynard & King Mo Score Wins
- After UFC Fight Night 58 Win, Renan Barao Wants To Bring Belt Back To Brazil
- Luke Rockhold Calls Out Lyoto Machida After UFC Fight Night 58
- Scott Coker Pulls Contract Card On Dana White Over Rampage
- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
Update: Ex-UFC Fighter Josh Grispi In Custody, Charged With Domestic Abuse And Assault
Some horrible news here. Former UFC/WEC featherweight Josh Grispi was arrested earlier this week and has been charged with a domestic abuse in one of the most chilling cases in recent memory.
Grispi is currently in custody following his arrest under domestic abuse and assault charges. Horrific details show he actually made his dog attack his wife. The 25-year old was arrested just three days prior to the incident but released on Monday morning after posting $2,000 bail.
According to Middleboro police officer Richard Harvey, it’s the baddest case of domestic abuse he’s ever seen:
“It’s the worst case of domestic abuse I’ve ever seen,” said Middleboro police officer Richard Harvey. Harvey said she had been “chewed up”.
“The Fluke” hasn’t fought professionally since he lost an unanimous decision to the UK’s Andy Ogle at UFC on Fuel TV 7 last year. The loss to Ogle was his fourth straight inside the Octagon after losing in his debut to Dustin Poirier.
Prior to his spell of defeats, Grispi was on a ten-fight winning streak which included four straight in the WEC. The run earned him a shot at Jose Aldo’s featherweight title at UFC 125, however, the Brazilian had to withdraw due to an injury and was subsequently replaced by Poirier.
His wife, Kaitlyn Grispi, was reportedly bleeding from being bitten by Grispi’s dog who he had trained to attack her. She had bruises and scratches all over her body. After his bull terrier had attacked her he would often choke the animal unconscious.
Police found a selection of firearms and ammunition in the house owned by Grispi which included handguns, rifles and an assault rifle. Some of the weapons were sat in boxes next to his 1-year old daughters play pen.
Grispi was arraigned on Tuesday at Wareham District Court where he was ordered to be held without bail. He’s due back in court on October 3.
Some more chilling details have emerged in this tragic case. Messages which Grispi sent to his wife have appeared in court records in which he threatens her with their pet dog Buddy.
Below are the three disgusting messages which were sent:
“UR (expletive) dead and if u even try n bring my kids into it the worse it will b for u and if u try and make a seen (sic) I’ll choke u unconscious and smash ur throat and if u get worse n run around after I’m goin to let Buddy have at u and I’ll walk out of the room.”
“Don’t cure (sic) you whore, That’s all u think abor (sic) ur a (expletive) scum bag piece of (expletive) who I’m goin enjoy choking to death.”
“U better not b bluffing about cops cuz I don’t joke ur dead when I see u… Literally. I don’t care I’m going to beat u n throw u to buddy, Ur dead.”
More details are sure to come out on this horrific story in the coming days.