- Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard Added To UFC 189
- Gunnar Nelson Returns Against John Hathaway At UFC 189
- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
ESPN Sports Science Examines The Reach Of Jon Jones
Jon Jones will step up to the plate for his seventh title defense at UFC 172, and will enjoy the height and reach advantage over the Brazilian contender Glover Teixeira. What Jones lacks in the power department, in comparison to Teixeira, he makes up for by using the angles and distances to his advantage.
Teixeira’s primary weapon against ‘Bones’ is the heavy-hands he possesses, and his grappling could stifle the ground attacks of the taller man. There is a chance that this fight could be fought entirely on the feet, and if so, who will have the advantage there? Power is one thing, but hitting the target could prove crucial for GT in this fight.
Jones will look to catch Teixeira coming in, and will want to avoid a war at all costs. His 84.5 inch reach will play a huge part in the outcome of this fight; either it will be used to win the day, or will be got around and exploited by G-Tex. ESPN’s Sports Science examined Jones’ reach in the video above, check it out and stay tuned to LowKick.com!