- Edson Barboza: If Bobby Green Makes A Misstep, I’ll Knock Him Out
- Fabricio Werdum Accepts Jon Jones’ Super Fight Challenge
- Anthony Pettis Upset By Duke Roufus Accusations
- UFC Fight Night 57 LowKick Staff Predictions
- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Results: Edgar vs Swanson Is Official
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
ESPN Sports Science Examines The Reach Of Jon Jones
Jon Jones will step up to the plate for his seventh title defense at UFC 172, and will enjoy the height and reach advantage over the Brazilian contender Glover Teixeira. What Jones lacks in the power department, in comparison to Teixeira, he makes up for by using the angles and distances to his advantage.
Teixeira’s primary weapon against ‘Bones’ is the heavy-hands he possesses, and his grappling could stifle the ground attacks of the taller man. There is a chance that this fight could be fought entirely on the feet, and if so, who will have the advantage there? Power is one thing, but hitting the target could prove crucial for GT in this fight.
Jones will look to catch Teixeira coming in, and will want to avoid a war at all costs. His 84.5 inch reach will play a huge part in the outcome of this fight; either it will be used to win the day, or will be got around and exploited by G-Tex. ESPN’s Sports Science examined Jones’ reach in the video above, check it out and stay tuned to LowKick.com!