- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Erick Silva Is Training To Finish Kim Dong Hyun at UFN 29
Erick Silva will once again fight in his home country of Brazil this Wednesday, this time he faces Kim Dong-Hyun in a Welterweight affair. Silva will look to avenge his training partner Paulo Thiago, whom Hyun decisioned in November of 2012.
Silva is coming off a super-slick reverse triangle armbar submission win at UFC on Fuel: Nogueira vs. Werdum, taking just over a minute to wrap up the tap from Jason High.
Since suffering a muscle spasm against Demian Maia at UFC 148, Kim has beaten Thiago and Sayir Bahadurzada and faces a very stern test in Silva. ‘Indio’ is clearly evolving as a fighter; he has very crisp striking and his grappling is absolutely clinical.
Having only suffered one real loss in the UFC (mauled by Jon Fitch at 153), Silva stands a great chance at being a very bright star in the organization. He also faces a very tough fight against a fighter who has only lost twice in twenty one outings.
Hyun holds wins over Matt Brown, TJ Grant, Nate Diaz and Sean Pierson while in the UFC; showing that he is not to be taken lightly.
I hope that Silva has put the work in as I’m becoming quite a fan of his. Check out Indio’s preparation in this cool preview courtesy of UFC.com, and stay tuned to Lowkick!