- Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard Added To UFC 189
- Gunnar Nelson Returns Against John Hathaway At UFC 189
- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
Erick Silva injured, Tyron Woodley steps in to face Jay Hieron at UFC 156
Strikeforce Welterweight contender Tyron Woodley has been called upon to step in and replace an injured Erick Silva against MMA Veteran Jay Hieron at UFC 156. With more and more Strikeforce fighters making their UFC debut and only a handful left, this makes the merger much more gradual than many fans may have originally anticipated.
Tyron Woodley makes his Octagon debut with an honorable 10-1 record, injecting even more talent into the Welterweight division in the process. Coming off a KO Loss to Nate Marquardt for the vacant Welterweight title, Woodley will be looking to leave an impression on the UFC brass, while making a name for himself and possibly gaining some new fans in the process.
Jay Hieron on the other hand will be looking for his first UFC victory after suffering a Unanimous Decision loss to Jake Ellenberger at the last UFC on FX event.
UFC 156 will take place February 2nd, 2013 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vega, Nevada. The pay-per-view headliner will be a featherweight superfight featuring Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar.