- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
Erick Silva injured, Tyron Woodley steps in to face Jay Hieron at UFC 156
Strikeforce Welterweight contender Tyron Woodley has been called upon to step in and replace an injured Erick Silva against MMA Veteran Jay Hieron at UFC 156. With more and more Strikeforce fighters making their UFC debut and only a handful left, this makes the merger much more gradual than many fans may have originally anticipated.
Tyron Woodley makes his Octagon debut with an honorable 10-1 record, injecting even more talent into the Welterweight division in the process. Coming off a KO Loss to Nate Marquardt for the vacant Welterweight title, Woodley will be looking to leave an impression on the UFC brass, while making a name for himself and possibly gaining some new fans in the process.
Jay Hieron on the other hand will be looking for his first UFC victory after suffering a Unanimous Decision loss to Jake Ellenberger at the last UFC on FX event.
UFC 156 will take place February 2nd, 2013 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vega, Nevada. The pay-per-view headliner will be a featherweight superfight featuring Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar.