- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
Doug Marshall Predicts Big Knockout At Bellator 109 Main Event
Bellator 109 competitor Doug Marshall always comes to fight, rarely seeing the judges in his 24 fight career. The California native has 16 finishes from 18 wins, 12 by KO and four submissions, and will challenge for Alexander Shlemenko’s Middleweight crown at 109.
The former WEC Heavyweight/Light-Heavyweight boss also likes to talk trash ahead of his fights. Check out what ‘The Rhino’ had to say when talking to MMAMania.com regarding his scrap with ‘Storm’:
“I got here by just believing … believing in myself and my team. A lot of people looked past me. Not even a lot of people – everybody looked past me. And now I’m standing right here at the highest point of my career, the pinnacle, the top, about to become the Bellator world champion. Everybody can just eat their words. No! Everybody can eat s**t, as far as I’m concerned.”
“I’m going to prove everybody wrong against Shlemenko. Everyone already thought I was the underdog before and now I’m still the underdog in this fight. Against who? Some f****n’ Russian that ain’t got no power? That looked slow and gassed in his last fight? People are crazy, bro.”
Marshall certainly has a way with words, but he is correct in his assessment of Shlemenko’s last fight. ‘Storm’ looked uncharacteristically slow in his latest bout at Bellator 98 title defence against Brett Cooper; a man that Marshall smashed in one round at Bellator 95.
“The fans can expect to see fireworks baby, like the Fourth of July. Then they’ll see that beautiful American flag waving in the wind with me standing right by it, with that beautiful gold belt around my waist. What? Where’s Alexander Shlemenko? He must have been tired because he’s sleeping in the middle of the cage. I don’t know why he’s laying there like that. But The Rhino will have gold around his waist and the red, white and blue wrapped around him. The Rhino is the victor, by knockout.”
Although he may come across as very crass, I’m sure ‘The Rhino’ is a nice guy once you get to know him. Although his opponent at tonight’s Bellator 109 main event may be unfortunate enough to meet the side of Marshall that knocks people silly.