- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets Tweet’s Salary x 15
- Ronda Rousey Wants To Fight Bethe Correia in Brazil
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
Doug Marshall Predicts Big Knockout At Bellator 109 Main Event
Bellator 109 competitor Doug Marshall always comes to fight, rarely seeing the judges in his 24 fight career. The California native has 16 finishes from 18 wins, 12 by KO and four submissions, and will challenge for Alexander Shlemenko’s Middleweight crown at 109.
The former WEC Heavyweight/Light-Heavyweight boss also likes to talk trash ahead of his fights. Check out what ‘The Rhino’ had to say when talking to MMAMania.com regarding his scrap with ‘Storm’:
“I got here by just believing … believing in myself and my team. A lot of people looked past me. Not even a lot of people – everybody looked past me. And now I’m standing right here at the highest point of my career, the pinnacle, the top, about to become the Bellator world champion. Everybody can just eat their words. No! Everybody can eat s**t, as far as I’m concerned.”
“I’m going to prove everybody wrong against Shlemenko. Everyone already thought I was the underdog before and now I’m still the underdog in this fight. Against who? Some f****n’ Russian that ain’t got no power? That looked slow and gassed in his last fight? People are crazy, bro.”
Marshall certainly has a way with words, but he is correct in his assessment of Shlemenko’s last fight. ‘Storm’ looked uncharacteristically slow in his latest bout at Bellator 98 title defence against Brett Cooper; a man that Marshall smashed in one round at Bellator 95.
“The fans can expect to see fireworks baby, like the Fourth of July. Then they’ll see that beautiful American flag waving in the wind with me standing right by it, with that beautiful gold belt around my waist. What? Where’s Alexander Shlemenko? He must have been tired because he’s sleeping in the middle of the cage. I don’t know why he’s laying there like that. But The Rhino will have gold around his waist and the red, white and blue wrapped around him. The Rhino is the victor, by knockout.”
Although he may come across as very crass, I’m sure ‘The Rhino’ is a nice guy once you get to know him. Although his opponent at tonight’s Bellator 109 main event may be unfortunate enough to meet the side of Marshall that knocks people silly.