- Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results Silva 186 Diaz 185
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Cerrone vs. Nurmagomedov Added To Stacked UFC 178; Fight Falls Apart When ‘The Eagle’ Blows Out Knee
UFC lightweight Donald Cerrone has been flying high in his recent outings, and most recently dispatched of Jim Miller in the second round of their UFC Fight Night 45 meeting. Word on the grapevine is that a 155-pound clash between ‘Cowboy’ and Khabib Nurmagomedov was in the works, but the news was made official today, and you won’t believe where the bout will take place.
Khabib vs. Cerrone at UFC 178. You like? Good, it’s done. Now back to semi-vacation … #ICantQuitYouMMA
— Mike Chiappetta MMA (@MikeChiappetta) July 18, 2014
If this fight sounded too good to be true, it probably was, because Dana White just clarified at today’s UFC Fight Night 46 Q& A session that Nurmagomedov tore up his knee training 20 minutes after the fight was announced:
. @danawhite says 20 minutes after Khabib-Cerrone fight was signed, Khabib blew his knee out and the fight is off UFC 178 card
— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) July 18, 2014
Ouch. Cerrone will reportedly get another opponent on the card, but White said called a rematch with Nate Diaz, who is apparently disgruntled after witnessing Gilbert Melendez sign a lucrative contract, “ridiculous.”
Who should be up next for “Cowboy” now?
Photo: David Manning for USA TODAY Sports