- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Cerrone vs. Nurmagomedov Added To Stacked UFC 178; Fight Falls Apart When ‘The Eagle’ Blows Out Knee
UFC lightweight Donald Cerrone has been flying high in his recent outings, and most recently dispatched of Jim Miller in the second round of their UFC Fight Night 45 meeting. Word on the grapevine is that a 155-pound clash between ‘Cowboy’ and Khabib Nurmagomedov was in the works, but the news was made official today, and you won’t believe where the bout will take place.
Khabib vs. Cerrone at UFC 178. You like? Good, it’s done. Now back to semi-vacation … #ICantQuitYouMMA
— Mike Chiappetta MMA (@MikeChiappetta) July 18, 2014
If this fight sounded too good to be true, it probably was, because Dana White just clarified at today’s UFC Fight Night 46 Q& A session that Nurmagomedov tore up his knee training 20 minutes after the fight was announced:
. @danawhite says 20 minutes after Khabib-Cerrone fight was signed, Khabib blew his knee out and the fight is off UFC 178 card
— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) July 18, 2014
Ouch. Cerrone will reportedly get another opponent on the card, but White said called a rematch with Nate Diaz, who is apparently disgruntled after witnessing Gilbert Melendez sign a lucrative contract, “ridiculous.”
Who should be up next for “Cowboy” now?
Photo: David Manning for USA TODAY Sports