- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
POLL: Does The Winner Of Swanson vs. Stephens Deserve A Title Shot?
Next week featherweight contenders Cub Swanson and Jeremy Stephens will throw it down in the main event of UFC Fight Night 44 with the winner looking to put themselves in position for a shot at UFC gold.
Stephens is on a three-fight winning streak coming into the bout and has looked unstoppable since his drop down to featherweight. The 28-year old made his debut in the division at UFC 160 taking a dominant unanimous decision over Estevan Payan. “Lil’ Heathen” followed than up with a first round knockout over Rony Jason and another one-sided decision over Darren Elkins.
He faces a stiff test against “Beautiful Destruction” who’s won his last five with four of those wins coming by KO/TKO. Swanson is currently ranked fourth in the official UFC rankings behind Chad Mendes Frankie Edgar and Ricardo Lamas.
A win on Saturday will be a huge feat for either fighter but do you think it’s enough to give the winner the next shot at the featherweight title? Cast your votes below: