- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
POLL: Does Rory MacDonald Deserve Title Fight After Decision Win At UFC 174?
MacDonald and Tyron Woodley went at it on the main card of last night’s UFC 174, in a bout that could well have garnered either man a title shot. ‘The Chosen One’ had spoke about cutting in line for a title shot, but ended up eating his words, and multiple jabs against the much more technical ‘Ares’. The young Canadian impressed in Vancouver, but should he get a title shot?
UFC on Fox 12 is the scene for the official title contender bout between Robbie Lawler and Matt Brown, but what would happen if that fight either a) doesn’t happen for some strange reason or b) is a boring scrap (unlikely, I know). Do you think MacDonald’s win over Woodley is worthy of a crack at Johny Hendricks?
There is no doubt that MacD owned T-Wood over all three rounds, landed way more strikes, and just pushed the action in general, but the ‘Canadian Psycho’ never had Woodley in trouble. His high-volume of technical mastery on the feet was certainly a sight to behold, and I may have jumped the gun when I said it was reminiscent of MacDonald vs. Ellenberger.
So what do you say, does MacDonald deserve the title shot, or does he need yet another win before being considered?