- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
POLL: Does Rory MacDonald Deserve Title Fight After Decision Win At UFC 174?
MacDonald and Tyron Woodley went at it on the main card of last night’s UFC 174, in a bout that could well have garnered either man a title shot. ‘The Chosen One’ had spoke about cutting in line for a title shot, but ended up eating his words, and multiple jabs against the much more technical ‘Ares’. The young Canadian impressed in Vancouver, but should he get a title shot?
UFC on Fox 12 is the scene for the official title contender bout between Robbie Lawler and Matt Brown, but what would happen if that fight either a) doesn’t happen for some strange reason or b) is a boring scrap (unlikely, I know). Do you think MacDonald’s win over Woodley is worthy of a crack at Johny Hendricks?
There is no doubt that MacD owned T-Wood over all three rounds, landed way more strikes, and just pushed the action in general, but the ‘Canadian Psycho’ never had Woodley in trouble. His high-volume of technical mastery on the feet was certainly a sight to behold, and I may have jumped the gun when I said it was reminiscent of MacDonald vs. Ellenberger.
So what do you say, does MacDonald deserve the title shot, or does he need yet another win before being considered?