- Jose Aldo: I Hope Conor McGregor’s Next, Because It Would Be A Huge Fight
- UFC Fight Night 58 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Lyoto Machida Wants Jacare Souza After He Knocks out Dollaway
- Video: Watch CM Punk’s Heated Interview With Michael Landsberg
- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-In Results: Barao On Point, Cummins Overweight
- UFC Fight Night 58 Open Workouts: Machida & Dollaway Hit The Pads
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
POLL: Does Matt Brown Deserve A Title Shot If He Knocks Out Erick Silva?
Matt Brown will make his return to the Octagon tomorrow night to take on top Brazilian prospect Erick Silva after nearly nine months away from the UFC recovering from a back injury.
Prior to Brown’s layoff, the 33-year old had been ripping his way through the welterweight division with six wins in his last six fights; five of which came by way of knockout. The streak had earned him a title eliminator against Carlos Condit at UFC on Fox 9 but unfortunately for “The Immortal” his injury kept him from competing.
On Saturday night, Brown will get the chance to continue his run against Silva who has been tipped numerous times to be the UFC’s next “big thing”; despite being just 4-3 inside the Octagon.
There’s no question about Brown deserving a higher ranked opponent over Silva; that’s obvious. The real question is where does the 33-year old stand if he manages to add another knockout to his resume.
If that were to happen, Brown would be on a seven-fight win streak with six knockouts. Could the UFC really deny him the next shot at the title?
What do you think, does Brown deserve a title shot if he knocks out Silva?