- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
POLL: Does Jason High Deserve To Be Cut After Shoving The Referee At UFC Fight Night 42?
Jason High made his UFC lightweight debut at tonight’s (Sat., June 7, 2014) UFC Fight Night 42 from the Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but it didn’t exactly go his way. The power-wrestling former welterweight faced a tough challenge in No. 5-ranked Rafael dos Anjos, who came in angry after a UFC on FOX 11 loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
High used his takedowns to find some early success, but he quickly ran out of steam as a huge lightweight fighting in high altitude. Dos Anjos rocked him and unleashed some shots on the ground to earn a stoppage from the referee, but High didn’t agree with the ending.
In fact, he hated it so much he actually pushed the referee. That’s not something that we see all that often, and it could end up costing High his employment with the UFC.
Do you think he should stay or go?
Photo: Joe Camporeale for USA TODAY Sports