- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
POLL: Does Jason High Deserve To Be Cut After Shoving The Referee At UFC Fight Night 42?
Jason High made his UFC lightweight debut at tonight’s (Sat., June 7, 2014) UFC Fight Night 42 from the Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but it didn’t exactly go his way. The power-wrestling former welterweight faced a tough challenge in No. 5-ranked Rafael dos Anjos, who came in angry after a UFC on FOX 11 loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
High used his takedowns to find some early success, but he quickly ran out of steam as a huge lightweight fighting in high altitude. Dos Anjos rocked him and unleashed some shots on the ground to earn a stoppage from the referee, but High didn’t agree with the ending.
In fact, he hated it so much he actually pushed the referee. That’s not something that we see all that often, and it could end up costing High his employment with the UFC.
Do you think he should stay or go?
Photo: Joe Camporeale for USA TODAY Sports