- Dana White Says John Lineker And Kelvin Gastelum Will Be Forced To Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
POLL: Does Dan Henderson Truly Deserve A Title Shot If He Beats Daniel Cormier?
Former Pride and Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is still chasing the one major goal that has eluded him throughout his illustrious nearly 17-year mixed martial arts (MMA) career.
The 43-year-old slugger will attempt to lock up his coveted UFC title shot by beating undefeated former heavyweight Daniel Cormier in the co-main event of tonight’s (May 24, 2014) UFC 173 from the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
While the winner of that fight was supposedly guaranteed a shot at the winner of the awaited Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson rematch, UFC president Dana White recently gave his famous “we’ll see what happens” response regarding a Henderson win.
Last seen defeating “Shogun” Rua with a come-from-behind knockout at UFC Fight Night 38 in March, “Hendo” is still only 1-3 over last four, albeit with two close decision losses to top contenders Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida factoring in to those results.
If he can uncork an “H-Bomb” and knock Cormier out, does he truly deserve to fight for the title his next time out?