- UFC 179 Post-Fight Bonuses: Aldo & Mendes Take Home “Fight Of The Night”
- UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes Highlights
- Anderson Silva Makes Surprise Entrance At UFC 179, Gets Called Out
- UFC 179 Results: Jose Aldo Retains Belt Over Chad Mendes In Five Round War
- UFC 179 Prelims Results: Neil Magny Makes It 5-0 In 2014
- UFC 179 Post-Fight Press Conference Video
POLL: Does Dan Henderson Truly Deserve A Title Shot If He Beats Daniel Cormier?
Former Pride and Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is still chasing the one major goal that has eluded him throughout his illustrious nearly 17-year mixed martial arts (MMA) career.
The 43-year-old slugger will attempt to lock up his coveted UFC title shot by beating undefeated former heavyweight Daniel Cormier in the co-main event of tonight’s (May 24, 2014) UFC 173 from the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
While the winner of that fight was supposedly guaranteed a shot at the winner of the awaited Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson rematch, UFC president Dana White recently gave his famous “we’ll see what happens” response regarding a Henderson win.
Last seen defeating “Shogun” Rua with a come-from-behind knockout at UFC Fight Night 38 in March, “Hendo” is still only 1-3 over last four, albeit with two close decision losses to top contenders Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida factoring in to those results.
If he can uncork an “H-Bomb” and knock Cormier out, does he truly deserve to fight for the title his next time out?