- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
Darren Elkins: The Adrenaline Rush Was Awesome
Darren Elkins and Hatsu Hioki took part in an action packed Featherweight bout at UFN 27, with Elkins walking away the victor by decision. It could have gone very wrong for The Damage though, as he was rocked early by Hioki’s body kicks.
After being pretty much dominated in the first round, Elkins went back to his wrestling roots to earn a tough comeback win against the always-tricky Hioki. Elkins moves to 6-1 at 145lbs., his only loss coming against Chad Mendes.
We can’t blame him for that; the fight against Mendes was a testament to Elkins’ heart. He took the fight on one months notice, replacing Clay Guida against the perennial contender ‘Money’. It was great to see Elkins bounce back, and with the win he has surely made a statement for a top level fight in his next outing.
Check out Elkins’ post fight interview, courtesy of MMAWeekly.com, and stay tuned to Lowkick!