- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
Dana White’s UFC 157 Media Scrum: I did not cut Jon Fitch because I don’t like him
UFC President Dana White appears in his pre-fight scrum for this week’s groundbreaking UFC 157 event. Of course, he steps up to address the huge impact of the cutting of 16 fighters yesterday including longtime Welterweight contender Jon Fitch. He notes that it is ridiculous to believe that he would cut Fitch just because he dislikes him, and notes his notorious feud with Tito Ortiz as an example.
Jon Fitch, he said, doesn’t fight for a small price, so there was a level of excellence he needed to maintain. The President admitted that the UFC is about 100 fighters too deep right now, and this was the reason for the cuts. He claims to have hated the fact that some fighters found out their dire fate via social media, before they had a chance to be called.
White also focuses on the topic of Women’s MMA, which will take the forefront at UFC 157 in the first-ever female main event. Women’s champ Ronda Rousey rides a huge wave of momentum into her bout with Liz Carmouche, the UFC‘s first openly gay fighter. This has no bearing on a fighter’s perception in the UFC, and this stance will not change according to White.