- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Albuquerque Police Pursuing Felony Arrest Warrant For Jon Jones
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Dana White: Mark Hunt Is One Of The Greatest Stories In Sports
Mark Hunt has not has an easy ride since Pride went belly up, firstly UFC Prez Dana White wanted Hunt to retire. He went as far as offering to pay the Super Samoan to ride off in to the sunset, something that Hunt took offense to. Since then Mark Hunt has given his doubters the middle finger by going on a hot streak in the UFC.
“He had a losing record in PRIDE and we didn’t want to bring him into the UFC, so we said, ‘We’ll pay you the money and you can ride off into the sunset and do your thing.’ And he was like, ‘F— that. I want to be paid to fight.’ First of all, a losing record, his age, the guy hadn’t fought in a long time. It just made no sense to bring the guy in. Even though we weren’t wrong (about not wanting him at first), we ended up being wrong. He proved us wrong, he proved everybody who doubted him wrong. We just didn’t cut him, we kept him – and imagine if we had cut him.”
It seems that Dana has really woke up and smelled the coffee, Mark Hunt is for real, and he’s here to fight.
“We do respect you and I think you’re one of the greatest stories in sports right now, to be honest with you. So I got everything worked out and now he’s ecstatic and I’m happy I could do it.”
UFC 160 will be a big step towards the title shot for Hunt, if he can pull off the win against a very dangerous JDS. Stay tuned to Lowkick!