- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
- UFC Fight Night 58 Prelims Results
Dana White Goes Back To Boxing Roots With New Reality Show “The Fighters”
UFC president Dana White has been in the news even more usual with the fallout of Georges St. Pierre’s controversial split decision victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. White has held firm in his stance that St. Pierre simply owes everyone a rematch with “Bigg Rigg.”
Today, however, he’s in the news for something completely different.
In a bit of a surprise announcement, White has partnered with TUF executive producer Craig Piligian to bring out a boxing-centered reality show called “The Fighters.” White told MMA Fighting that the show will debut in 2014 on the Discovery Channel, but he gave no details on the format or number of episodes planned.
As many know, White’s beginnings in combat sports are firmly rooted in boxing. He was a former boxer and manager, even going as far to challenge former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz to a boxing match to settle their highly publicized beef.
But his main focus has obviously shifted to mixed martial arts. This was a move that would have been nearly impossible to see coming. The specifics of the series are up in the air at this point. Will it be similar to TUF or will White take his new show in a different direction?
Check out the preview for the show below and give us your thoughts: