- Chris Weidman Earns BJJ Black Belt Heading Into Bout With Belfort
- JDS: Alistair Overeem Only Talks While I’m Injured
- Nick Diaz Wants To Rematch Anderson Silva Under Pride FC Rules
- Ryan Bader: Nobody Else Is Qualified For That Title Shot
- Carlos Condit Thinks Thiago Alves Is The Perfect Opponent
- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans Big Changes For Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
Dana tweets a very cut-free picture of Gustafsson
Dana White just recently tweeted a picture of Alexander Gustafsson that he claims was taken as recently as earlier this morning:
This pic was taken of Gustafsson today and u can’t even see the cut!!! Worst decision I have EVER seen to pull fight twitter.com/danawhite/stat…
It is definitely interesting to see that there is no visible cut of any kind in the picture, which begs the question, is the SMMAF being too cautious or did they simply make their decision too early?
With photo evidence being released earlier in the week, there’s no doubt that the cut is real and was originally visible, but given that the cut was attended to, stitched up and already in the healing process since it took place, there’s no doubt that the fight could have taken place with little risk.
Would’t you think that a cut which was deemed serious enough to prevent a fighter from fighting would be a little more visible?
As fight fans I can confidently say that we’ve all seen fighters with more serious and visible injuries than a cut that reportedly needed only 3 stitches. With this picture showing relatively nothing it’s truly disaapointing to prevent such a lucrative and interesting matchup from taking place.
What do you think lowkickers?