- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Dan Henderson is next for Lyoto Machida
UFC President Dana White revealed that Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida will have his next fight against no other than the former number one contender in the UFC Light Heavyweight division – Dan Henderson.
White once again criticized the Brazilian for not taking the fight with Jon Jones, claiming that now with Dan Henderson as his next opponent, Lyoto Machida might find himself out of the title shot picture.
Here’s what Dana White had to say at last Thursday’s lunch with the media (via mmafighting.com):
“Machida should have taken the fight,” said White. “We’ve seen it, history always repeats itself. Look how long it took Rashad to fight for the title again. So you wanted to fight Jon Jones, you climbed up to the title fight and you don’t take it. Now you’re fighting f—— Dan Henderson. Now you might not even get to the f—— title again. You lose to Dan Henderson you’re not anywhere near Jon Jones.
You jump on opportunities when they’re available. You get a shot at the title, the biggest money fight you can be in, the highest profile fight you can be in. And if you win that f—— fight, the whole world changes overnight.”
Dan Henderson is currently recovering from the knee injury that prevented from him to compete against Jon Jones at UFC 151. Former PRIDE champ is expected to make his return to the Octagon in the first quarter of 2013.
Henderson is 29-8 in his MMA career, with 13 KO/TKO and 2 Submission victories. Lyoto Machida is 18-3 with 7 KO/TKO and 2 Submission finishes on his record.