- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Dan Henderson talks Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen, and fighting Machida at UFC 157
Legendary fighter Dan Henderson sat down with MMA H.E.A.T. yesterday to address his thoughts on the recent turbulent events that have shaped his career as of late. He of course went through the entire debacle of having to pull out of UFC 151 last fall, leading to its cancellation. Hendo believes that Jon Jones made a mistake by not taking the replacement fight with Chael Sonnen, as now he must face him when he is tougher and more prepared.
Henderson has been out of action since late 2011, so it will be interesting to see how he responds to a long layoff against a tough opponent. Facing Lyoto Machida in the co-main event of UFC 157, Henderson acknowledges that he must get in close with Machida and punch him in the face rather than let the karate master pick him apart on the outside.
Hendo believes that he was in the best shape of his life in preparation for Jon Jones, and would like to fight for another couple of years. He spoke of his epic win over the legendary Fedor Emelianenko, and of course his defining bout with Shogun Rua. Hendo appears calm and ready for whatever the fight game throws his way. He is an underdog heading into the Machida fight. Will he finally find himself fighting for the UFC 205 lb. belt later this year?