- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Countdown To UFC 168: Rousey vs. Tate II
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 was undboubtedly the show’s most drama-filled season. That’s saying alot, and all the action was obviously centered on the rivalry between UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey and the woman she originally took the belt from, Miesha Tate.
Rousey ripped the belt (and her arm) from Tate at a March 2012 Strikeforce event, signaling the begin of a massive revolution for women’s MMA spearheaded by the polarizing Rousey. “Rowdy” rode a wave of momentum that no UFC fighter had ever embarked on before.
But then came TUF 18.
Rousey’s fiercely competitive nature shone through on the show, causing her to lose a ton of fans. Many of those fans are now rooting for her enemy Tate in their long-awaited rematch at Saturday’s UFC 168. However, that doesn’t mean that “Cupcake” can figure out how to beat Rousey.
No one has yet, and although she may not be nice, “Rowdy” gets the job done. The time for speculation has almost passed. Check out the UFC’s “Countdown” for Rousey vs. Tate II and have a Merry Christmas!