- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
- Anderson Silva & Shogun Rua Announced As TUF Brazil 4 Coaches
- Jimi Manuwa Injured, Ovince St. Preux To Fight Shogun
- Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano Moved To UFC 184 Co-Main Event
- Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury Official For UFC Fight Night 59, Moved To UFC 182
Countdown To UFC 168: Rousey vs. Tate II
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 was undboubtedly the show’s most drama-filled season. That’s saying alot, and all the action was obviously centered on the rivalry between UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey and the woman she originally took the belt from, Miesha Tate.
Rousey ripped the belt (and her arm) from Tate at a March 2012 Strikeforce event, signaling the begin of a massive revolution for women’s MMA spearheaded by the polarizing Rousey. “Rowdy” rode a wave of momentum that no UFC fighter had ever embarked on before.
But then came TUF 18.
Rousey’s fiercely competitive nature shone through on the show, causing her to lose a ton of fans. Many of those fans are now rooting for her enemy Tate in their long-awaited rematch at Saturday’s UFC 168. However, that doesn’t mean that “Cupcake” can figure out how to beat Rousey.
No one has yet, and although she may not be nice, “Rowdy” gets the job done. The time for speculation has almost passed. Check out the UFC’s “Countdown” for Rousey vs. Tate II and have a Merry Christmas!