- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Countdown to UFC 167: Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
No. 3-ranked Welterweight Rory MacDonald has a chance to prove he deserves to fight for the 170-pound title at this weekend’s UFC 167 in Las Vegas. The surging “Ares” has won five fights in a row, with his last loss coming to Carlos Condit in 2010.
MacDonald was supposed to have his rematch with Condit at March’s UFC 158, but a neck injury put his fight with “The Natural Born Killer” on hold. Instead, he’ll face off with the surging “Ruthless.”
After debuting in the Octagon way back in 2002, Lawler made his successful return to the promotion by knocking out Josh Koscheck and Bobby Voelker in devastating fashion. Lawler is a dark horse contender at Welterweight because he can end any fighter’s night with a well-timed punch or kick.
However, “Ares” may be one of the toughest challenges he’s faced in his lengthy MMA career. The UFC recently released “Countdown to UFC 167: Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler.” Check out the video below and give us your thoughts on the hard-hitting bout in the comments!