- Ronda Rousey Topless Photo Shoot Video
- Khabib Nurmagomedov: Anthony Pettis Isn’t A True Champ
- Andrei Arlovski Out Six To Eight Weeks
- Eddie Alvarez Says Donald Cerrone Executed At UFC 178, He Didn’t
- Paulo Filho Shot During House Party In Brazil
- St-Pierre: Diaz Made Mistake Taking Silva Fight
- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
Conor McGregor campaigns to fight Al Iaquinta at UFC 159
Newly minted UFC Knockout of the Night winner Conor McGregor was rumored to fight next at the UFC’s return to Boston this August. However, when Joe Proctor was forcibly removed from the UFC 159 prelims due to injury, apparently McGregor saw this as a golden opportunity to step in. Proctor’s scheduled opponent was former TUF Finalist Al Iaquinta, which would mark McGregor’s second TUF alum in as many bouts. He took to Twitter to campaign for the bout:
April 27th New Jersey!!! 155lbs versus a TUF finalist!!! WHO WANTS TO SEE IT?
McGregor did make his UFC debut at Featherweight and it should be noted that the Iaquinta/Proctor bout was to take place at Lightweight. But that’s not a problem at all for McGregor, who was the Cage Warriors 145 and 155 lb. Champion.
After making a splash in Sweden, McGregor is looking to parlay that into a huge surge into the UFC. Iaquinta could be a good gauge for the Irishman, who would most likely look to fight again in August barring any unforeseen injury. Should the UFC give Conor McGregor his second bout in an incredible three weeks?