- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Condit Promises Fight With Matt Brown Will Be Worth The Wait
One of the most anticipated scraps of the year between Matt Brown and Carlos Condit, was cancelled earlier this week. Brown had to withdraw from the bout due to injury, after he herniated two discs in his back. It couldn’t have come at a worse time for the UFC or Condit with the event only being one week away.
Brown is one of eight fighters who have had to drop out of UFC On Fox 9 so far. Anthony Pettis was originally scheduled to defend his lightweight belt against T.J. Grant as the card’a main event, but Grant had to withdraw. Pettis was then set to face of against Josh Thompson but then Pettis got injured. Ian Mccall, John Dodson, Jamie Varner, Kevin Gastelum and John Moraga all have had to drop out with injuries.
Yesterday the former UFC interim champion,Condit, released a statement regarding Brown’s withdrawal from the fight:
“I was greatly disappointed to hear of Matt Brown’s injury. This was a fight that I was looking forward to immensely, and I know it was a fight the fans have been excited to see. When the fight does happen, I promise that the wait will be worth it.
Right now I’m going to spend time with my family over the holidays, and hope that Matt heals up quickly so that we can reschedule this fight soon.
Thanks to all of the fans out there for their support.”
UFC on FOX 9 is next Saturday at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California. The main event will now feature a flyweight title rematch between the champ Demetrious Johnson and number one contender Joseph Benavidez. The co-main event is a bantamweight matchup between top contenders Urijah Faber and Michael McDonald.
The UFC haven’t yet officially announced if the fight between Brown and Condit will be rescheduled. Or whether Condit will take on another opponent. It will most likely come down to how long “The Immortal” takes to recover.
I for one hope the UFC does indeed re-book the match and that it comes sooner, rather than later. However, if Brown is going to be sidelined for some time, then there is always Robbie Lawler, who fills the spot nicely. If not Lawler I’m sure one fight Nick Diaz would be interested in, would be a rematch against “The Natural Born Killer”.