- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 1
- Brian Bowles Arrested For Possession Of Methamphetamine
- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
Cleared To Resume Training, Anderson Silva Still Aiming For 2015 Return
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva spoke to MMA H.E.A.T’s Karyn Bryant recently to discuss the progress of his recovery as well as his plans for the future.
Silva has been out of action since December when he broke his leg trying to reclaim his middleweight title from Chris Weidman. But the Brazilian says he has now been cleared to resume training and is looking to return sometime next year:
“I’m very excited because I’m back full training. My doctor in Brazil said my leg is good. I’m very happy and next year I’m back.” Silva said.
UFC president Dana White has said that he wants the 39-year old to comeback this year but Silva says that’s not a option. According to the former champion a return this year wasn’t possible as he had plans to be with his family while also concentrating on his academy in Brazil.
“This year I’m not back to fight. I have plans, my family. I stay together with my family. I’m working hard with my academy in Brazil. So next year, I don’t know when, but next year.”
Checkout the full interview below courtesy of Bryant’s official YouTube account: