- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
- UFC ‘Welcome To The Show’ Press Conference: ATT vs. Blackzilians TUF Announced
- Video: Jon Jones & Anthony Johnson Prank Dana White With Fake Brawl
- UFC 184 Preliminary Card Results: Carneiro Wrecks Munoz
Cleared To Resume Training, Anderson Silva Still Aiming For 2015 Return
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva spoke to MMA H.E.A.T’s Karyn Bryant recently to discuss the progress of his recovery as well as his plans for the future.
Silva has been out of action since December when he broke his leg trying to reclaim his middleweight title from Chris Weidman. But the Brazilian says he has now been cleared to resume training and is looking to return sometime next year:
“I’m very excited because I’m back full training. My doctor in Brazil said my leg is good. I’m very happy and next year I’m back.” Silva said.
UFC president Dana White has said that he wants the 39-year old to comeback this year but Silva says that’s not a option. According to the former champion a return this year wasn’t possible as he had plans to be with his family while also concentrating on his academy in Brazil.
“This year I’m not back to fight. I have plans, my family. I stay together with my family. I’m working hard with my academy in Brazil. So next year, I don’t know when, but next year.”
Checkout the full interview below courtesy of Bryant’s official YouTube account: