- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Chris Weidman Says He Was Never In Awe of Anderson Silva
UFC middleweight title contender Chris weidman appears at the UFC 162 open workouts to discuss his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity against longtime champion Anderson Silva. He addresses the high level of confidence that UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has in him, noting that GSP saw him implement his entire gameplan last summer against Mark Munoz.
Weidman notes that he admired Anderson Silva in the past, but was never in awe of him. He beleives that doing so would be to admit defeat, and he has the utmost belief that he will emerge victorious.
Weidman also believes that while Chael Sonnen may have exposed Anderson’s perceived weakness in terms of wrestling, each fight is it’s own animal and this will be no different. He thinks that his mentality, coupled with his high-level wrestling and jiu-jitsu, will be the deciding factor in this blockbuster title bout.
When MMA H.E.A.T. asked him about his detractors, Weidman simply replied,
“Just watch on July 6th.”
Truth be told, I haven’t actually seen moany people pick against Weidman. There are many more supporters than detractors for him in this bout, which is quite amazing considering he’s fighting arguably the greateest of all time. An interviewer noted that he looked lean, to which Weidman stated that his weight cut went very well and he feels outstanding.
Weidman thinks the UFC should not do away with Fight Night Bonuses. Check out the full interview and open workout below: