- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
Chris Weidman Mobile And Doing Rehab One Day After Double Knee Surgery
UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman underwent a double knee surgery on Monday, and by all accounts the procedure was a complete success.
Indeed, within twenty-four hours of it the “All-American” began his rehab and was even capable of doing a (brief) soft jog; apparently without any pain or much stiffness.
Posting to his Instagram account late yesterday, Weidman has released a video of himself moving about under his own power and seemingly in high spirits.
As it stands, the champ is expected to be back to full training within the next four to five weeks, and in preparation for his July 5th title fight with Lyoto Machida. The pair was originally set to do battle on the May 24th in Las Vegas, but Weidman’s knee injury forced the promotion to move their match from the UFC 173 card, to UFC 175; also in “Sin City.”
The May 24th card is now headlined by Renan Barao defending his bantamweight belt against TJ Dillashaw, with a co-main bout that features heavyweight Junior Dos Santos taking on Stipe Miocic, while Weidman vs. Machida will sport a co-main match between light-heavyweight Daniel Cormier and Dan Henderson.
All in all, both the 173 and 175 cards are shaping up to be solid events.