- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
- Quote: Title Shot For Luke Rockhold Makes Sense, Not Guaranteed
Chris Weidman: I’ll grant Anderson Silva an immediate rematch at MSG
Number one contender for the UFC Middleweight title, Chris Weidman, once again spoke about his desire to fight Anderson Silva. Fighting out of Garden City, New York, Weidman was originally scheduled to face Tim Boetsch at UFC 155, but was forced to pull out of the bout due to a torn labrum injury. Today, Weidman feels it’s the right time to call out The Spider:
“Perfect world, I will be ready to fight] July 4th weekend … against Anderson Silva. I’ll grant him an immediate rematch at Madison Square Garden in New York City. My name is one that they don’t mention ever. They’re running.”
Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, recently stated that Chris Weidman might not be the best option for Anderson Silva exposure-wise, since the young New Yorker is yet to establish himself as a household name in the UFC. Interestingly enough, Soares hinted at Cung Le as an ‘interesting fight’ for Silva.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.