- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 2
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
Chris Weidman: I’ll grant Anderson Silva an immediate rematch at MSG
Number one contender for the UFC Middleweight title, Chris Weidman, once again spoke about his desire to fight Anderson Silva. Fighting out of Garden City, New York, Weidman was originally scheduled to face Tim Boetsch at UFC 155, but was forced to pull out of the bout due to a torn labrum injury. Today, Weidman feels it’s the right time to call out The Spider:
“Perfect world, I will be ready to fight] July 4th weekend … against Anderson Silva. I’ll grant him an immediate rematch at Madison Square Garden in New York City. My name is one that they don’t mention ever. They’re running.”
Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, recently stated that Chris Weidman might not be the best option for Anderson Silva exposure-wise, since the young New Yorker is yet to establish himself as a household name in the UFC. Interestingly enough, Soares hinted at Cung Le as an ‘interesting fight’ for Silva.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.