- WSOF 19 Gaethje vs. Palomino Results: Hamill Out With Illness
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Chael Sonnen Goes Off On Lil Nog, Says ‘Chicken Belly’ Never Intended To Fight Shogun
Once again the trash talking king of MMA has been popping off at the mouth, this time Chael Sonnen continues his tirade against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Following Nogueira’s withdrawal from his UFC 161 bout against Shogun Rua, Sonnen volunteered to fight Shogun on short notice. Visa issues forced the removal of the bout from the card, and the two have now been scheduled to meet at UFC on FS1: Boston.
This doesn’t mean that Sonnen is not still harbouring ill will towards Nogueira. Check out what Sonnen had to say via the Daily Telegraph:
“Little Chicken Belly Nog pulled the same scumbag move that he does every time, lets the UFC put out posters, commercials, doing everything to promote him, knowing full well he’s not going to do the fight.”
It doesn’t really take much to get on the American Gansgster’s radar, and it seems that Nogueira is taking the brunt of Sonnen’s badmouthing right now:
“Once again he calls in sick, three weeks early. In no industry on earth can you do that. Nobody can call their boss and say ‘Hey, boss, 20 days from now, I’m not going to feel good’. So he calls in sick three weeks early… it was a ruse from the beginning, and basically, I just wanted to help out.”
With Sonnen now rooted at Light-Heavyweight, a potential future match against Nogueira is certainly possible. Once again Sonnen is working his way in to high profile scraps by using his mouth before his fists.
It seems as though the Chael Sonnen show doesn’t go off air, ever. It merely takes an extended lunch break from time to time. I personally think that it’s high time that Sonnen let his fists do the talking first, and his mouth after. Sonnen is without a win since January of 2012, riding a two fight losing streak and I don’t fancy his chances against Shogun in Boston.
Anyone else think there’s a chance of Sonnen taking 205 by storm?