- Lorenzo Fertitta On Reebok Criticism: ‘Vast Majority’ Of Athletes Are Excited
- Will The Reebok Deal Truly Benefit UFC Fighters?
- Claudia Gadelha ‘Guarantees’ Paige VanZant Would Lose To Anyone In Top 5
- UFC Reebok Sponsorship Payout Numbers Are Finally Here
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Go To Jail?
- Chris Weidman Earns BJJ Black Belt Heading Into Bout With Belfort
- JDS: Alistair Overeem Only Talks While I’m Injured
- Nick Diaz Wants To Rematch Anderson Silva Under Pride FC Rules
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Chad Mendes: I’m Next In Line For The Title Shot
Chad ‘Money’ Mendes put on a clinical performance against Clay Guida at last night’s UFC 164, scoring a TKO win in the third round and becoming the first man to finish Guida by strikes. Mendes moves to 4-1 in his last five, the loss coming to Jose Aldo, and 15-1 overall. Since the January 2012 loss to Aldo, Mendes has racked up four consecutive T/KO wins, starching Cody McKenzie, Yaotzin Meza, Darren Elkins and Guida.
People are starting to look at Mendes as the next potential title challenger at FW, although he is yet to score a win over a top five opponent since his last title run. With such a stacked top end at 145, it may be one more fight before Mendes can be taken seriously for the shot.
Check out Mendes’ post fight interview, courtesy of MMAFighting.com, and stay tuned to Lowkick!