- CM Punk Responds To Matt Brown: I Understand Your Point Of View
- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Matt Brown Says He’ll Fight Saffiedine & CM Punk In One Night
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- UFC Responds To Class Action Lawsuit: We Will ‘Vigorously’ Defend Business Practices
- Cung Le: I’m Going To Represent All The Fighters That Are Scared To Take A Step Up
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones & Ronda Rousey Sign Endorsement Deals With Reebok
- UFC Rankings Update: Dos Anjos Ties Nurmagomedov For #1 Spot
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
Cesar Gracie Says Nick Diaz Has Been Offered A Fight, Dana White Denies
Nick Diaz is certainly one in a million. His journey through the world of pro MMA is unlike many others, the Stockton Bad Boy has certainly been there and done it. From being the Strikeforce Welterweight champion, to failing twice at attempts at the UFC’s 170lb. strap.
Then, of course, there is the ugly side to Diaz. He can seem almost completely incoherent, his attitude stinks, he is one dimensional, doesn’t show up for media obligations and generally shoots himself in the foot at every corner.
Well it seems that Diaz’s good side appeals just enough to Dana White for the UFC prez to offer Diaz another crack at UFC stardom. Cesar Gracie was on hand to talk to BJPenn.com to reveal the story:
“As far as his fighting and everything. He’s been in Vegas, he just got back a couple of days ago. There is an offer on the table, that’s all I can say. It’s something everyone is looking at right now and discussing with him. Dana has offered him a fight. There is an offer on the table, I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat I think. But no decision’s have been made for sure.”
When Dana White is concerned, ‘kind of neat’ could mean just about anything. As we said, Diaz lost the interim title bout against Carlos Condit, then the handout title shot against GSP, so I doubt he will be receiving a title shot.
With the current state of affairs at 170lbs., who is there left for Diaz to fight? As far as high profile fights, Demian Maia seems like an obvious answer. His bout against Josh Koscheck has been scrapped and a fight with Diaz could make sense.
Don’t let that fool you though, what makes sense and Dana White are not two phrases often found in the same sentence. While the answer is still unclear all we can do is speculate. Maybe a superfight of some sort? I will keep you posted as soon as the news emerges, so stay tuned to Lowkick!
*UPDATE* Dana White has replied to this report via text message courtesy of MMA Fighting:
“Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick.”
Looks like we have a discrepancy on the loose. More on the neverending saga of Nick Diaz as it comes up.