- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
Cat Zingano Would Fight Ronda Rousey Right Now With A Blown ACL
Cat ‘Alpha’ Zingano is currently the number one contender in the Women’s Bantamweight title picture, although she’ll have to wait for Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann to do battle at UFC 170 before she’ll be able to challenge. Zingano ducked out of her TUF duties with a knee injury, being replaced by Miesha Tate. ‘Cupcake’ was destroyed at UFC 168 leaving the title picture filled with undefeated fighters.
McMann is 7-0 and might just have the grappling to defeat the champ ‘Rowdy’. I was surprised that Zingano vs. Rousey wasn’t made official after 168, but it does appear that ‘Alpha’ will heal just in time to retain her status as #1. That being said, anything can change and Zingano is willing to do whatever it takes to fight for the belt:
— Alpha Cat Zingano (@CatZingano) December 30, 2013
I doubt there are many athletic commissions that would sanction such a bout, but Zingano is showing initiative. If McMann is forced to drop out of her bout with Rousey, there would be no doubt in my mind that Zingano should be booked; event if it forces a change of event.
It’s very exciting to see three unbeaten fighters at the top of the Women’s weight class, it will be very interesting to see which, if any of them remain undefeated by the end of this year. Right now I honestly don’t know who I’d put my money on.