- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Cat Zingano Would Fight Ronda Rousey Right Now With A Blown ACL
Cat ‘Alpha’ Zingano is currently the number one contender in the Women’s Bantamweight title picture, although she’ll have to wait for Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann to do battle at UFC 170 before she’ll be able to challenge. Zingano ducked out of her TUF duties with a knee injury, being replaced by Miesha Tate. ‘Cupcake’ was destroyed at UFC 168 leaving the title picture filled with undefeated fighters.
McMann is 7-0 and might just have the grappling to defeat the champ ‘Rowdy’. I was surprised that Zingano vs. Rousey wasn’t made official after 168, but it does appear that ‘Alpha’ will heal just in time to retain her status as #1. That being said, anything can change and Zingano is willing to do whatever it takes to fight for the belt:
— Alpha Cat Zingano (@CatZingano) December 30, 2013
I doubt there are many athletic commissions that would sanction such a bout, but Zingano is showing initiative. If McMann is forced to drop out of her bout with Rousey, there would be no doubt in my mind that Zingano should be booked; event if it forces a change of event.
It’s very exciting to see three unbeaten fighters at the top of the Women’s weight class, it will be very interesting to see which, if any of them remain undefeated by the end of this year. Right now I honestly don’t know who I’d put my money on.