- Tito Ortiz: Stephan Bonnar Brought Out A Gimp
- Christy Mack On Mend, Tweets Pictures Of Injuries
- Ronda Rousey Wants Bethe Correia Fight In Brazil
- What’s Next For The Resurgent Andrei Arlovski?
- UFC Fight Night 51: Andrei Arlovski vs. Bigfoot Silva Highlights
- UFN 51 Main Card Recap: Arlovski Avenges Loss To “Bigfoot”
- UFC Fight Night 51 Prelims Results: “Pepey” Finishes Fast
Cat Zingano Would Fight Ronda Rousey Right Now With A Blown ACL
Cat ‘Alpha’ Zingano is currently the number one contender in the Women’s Bantamweight title picture, although she’ll have to wait for Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann to do battle at UFC 170 before she’ll be able to challenge. Zingano ducked out of her TUF duties with a knee injury, being replaced by Miesha Tate. ‘Cupcake’ was destroyed at UFC 168 leaving the title picture filled with undefeated fighters.
McMann is 7-0 and might just have the grappling to defeat the champ ‘Rowdy’. I was surprised that Zingano vs. Rousey wasn’t made official after 168, but it does appear that ‘Alpha’ will heal just in time to retain her status as #1. That being said, anything can change and Zingano is willing to do whatever it takes to fight for the belt:
— Alpha Cat Zingano (@CatZingano) December 30, 2013
I doubt there are many athletic commissions that would sanction such a bout, but Zingano is showing initiative. If McMann is forced to drop out of her bout with Rousey, there would be no doubt in my mind that Zingano should be booked; event if it forces a change of event.
It’s very exciting to see three unbeaten fighters at the top of the Women’s weight class, it will be very interesting to see which, if any of them remain undefeated by the end of this year. Right now I honestly don’t know who I’d put my money on.