- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Call Security: Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva Announced as TUF Brazil 3 Coaches
The UFC fight that has the most backstory and bad blood is finally going to happen. Chael Sonnen has been booked opposite Wanderlei Silva as coaches of the third season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil. Dana White revealed the news on “Fox Sports Live” last night:
Hype has been building since Sonnen repeatedly trashed many of the top Brazilian fighters, leading to an awkward conversation between Sonnen and “The Axe Murderer” in a van ride. After much trash was talked, Silva confronted Sonnen at the Mr. Olympia expo in Las Vegas, leading to a video release of the scuffle.
The fight was never signed, because Silva was reportedly unhealthy, and then he wanted a cut of the pay-per-view revenue. It looks like the red tape has finally been bypassed and the two mortal enemies will go to war. Silva has been dealing with some health issues that need to get cleared up before he can give “The American Gangster” a run for his money.
Sonnen is slated to face off with former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans on the co-main event of UFC 167 next month, and a win over “Suga” could have him knocking on the door of yet another title shot. HE recently impressed with a dominant first round submission over Shogun Rua at UFC Fight Night 26.
But fighting Wand is just something Sonnen has to get over with. Kudos to the UFC for finally getting the fight booked, as their back-and-forth was beginning to become all style and no substance.
The season leading up to the show is guaranteed to feature quite the tense lead-in. It’s hard to think that these two foes can keep their hands off one another long enough to film the show, but we’ll see. What are your thoughts on the show? Does Silva stand a chance at defeating “Uncle Chael?”