- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
Cain Velasquez Takes Commentary Position For July 26 UFC On Fox 12 Card
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been sidelined since his UFC 166 TKO win over Junior dos Santos in their rubber match, but that doesn’t mean the Mexican-American superstar has been inactive. In fact, Velasquez seems to have got on board with training partner Daniel Cormier, as far as his workload is concerned.
While appearing as a guest for hockey team San Jose Sharks, Velasquez announced that he will be part of the commentary team for UFC on Fox 12. The event is set to go down at the San Jose HP Pavilion, and is yet to have any fights added. As pictured above, courtesy of Fox Sports, the heavyweight kingpin also dropped the puck for Thursday’s game vs. The Winnipeg Jets.
Formerly home to Strikeforce, and the current base for Velasquez and Cormier’s gym AKA, San Jose has seen it’s fair share of MMA in recent times. Benson Henderson defended his belt against Gilbert Melendez here, Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua had their first war in San Jose, and the Shark Tank has also seen plenty of hockey brawls over the years.
July 26 is the date for the UFC’s third event aired on Fox, and it will hopefully feature some exciting fights. The packed schedule that the promotion has set themselves for 2014 has clashed with a number of injuries and retirements that were obviously unforeseen. The pressure is truly on for the biggest MMA organization.
Until big PPV draws Anderson Silva, Anthony Pettis, Velasquez, Georges St-Pierre and even Chris Weidman return, we could be in for a lot of over-hyped and under-populated cards. One further question I have about Fox 12 is who is actually left to fill that card up?
Perhaps hometown favorites like Josh Thomson, Josh Koscheck, Daniel Cormier and Luke Rockhold could be called upon. I’ll keep you posted on updates for the upcoming UFC on Fox 12 card, so stay tuned to LowKick!