- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Cain Velasquez opens as huge favorite over Bigfoot Silva; should he be facing JDS?
The betting odds for the UFC 160 main event featuring Cain Velasquez versus Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva for the Heavyweight title have been released. As expected, Velasquez has opened as a 4.3-to-1 favorite, and for good reason. The once and current titleholder put an absolute drubbing on the Brazilian giant just last May at UFC 146. The fight was an entertaining and bloody mess that was completely one-sided.
It came as a slight surprise when Velasquez was announced to be facing off against Bigfoot again. True, Bigfoot is coming off two impressive knockouts over previously high ranked contenders in Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne, but usually when you’ve been recently beaten by the champ, Dana White makes it tough for you to climb back into the rematch too soon.
He owned them, but neither possess even close to the kind of wrestling ability that the grinding Velasquez does. Many had clamored for a faceoff against Junior dos Santos to complete the trilogy of bouts, but that will have to wait as JDS has been booked to fight Overeem at the exact same Memorial Day event.
Cain Velasquez has been on record saying that he believes dos Santos should indeed have another fight under his belt before he gets a rematch, as he did the same last year. I think his logic is definitely justifiable, but still the Cain/JDS trilogy fight would be great to watch, and will most likely happen in the future regardless. Now Bigfoot has his title shot. Will it be another quick TKO for the bulldozing AKA product? My thoughts say yes. What are yours?