- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results Live At 8 PM ET
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Live Results
- Lyoto Machida: I Try To Remove All Pressure & Emotion From My Fights
- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event On Point
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
Cain Velasquez Hoping For November Return Date
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been on the sidelines since his dominant fifth round TKO win over Junior dos Santos at last year’s UFC 166.
Recovering from post-fight shoulder surgery, Velasquez has yet to resume training and has no set timetable for his next bout. However, the champ appeared in Dallas for tonight’s blockbuster UFC 171 card at the American Airlines Center, speaking to MMA H.E.A.T. to at least offer some positive words about when he’ll be back:
“Doing good. I’m toward the end of my rehab right now. More so starting to try to get that strength back instead of that motion and everything. So, I get the strength back, still can’t train, yet, but hopefully pretty soon.
November sounds good, you know. … Hopefully with the rehab and everything else, that’ll give me enough time to get ready. Yeah, that’s it, I mean, I pretty much want to get back as soon as possible, and I know it’s a thing of; I have to be patient, because I don’t want to re-tear something or re-hurt something. So, I gotta be patient, listen to the doctor, and just slowly get back into it.”
With a rumored November return date for a blockbuster Velasquez title bout in his family’s home country of Mexico, it sounds like the champ still has lot of work to do. But, he has a ton of time with which to do so, making the proposed comeback a definite possibility.
With Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne set to square off for the number one contender’s spot in the main event of UFC on FOX 11 this April, Velasquez’s next challenge hasn’t been confirmed as of yet. Who will it be, and when will the mauling titleholder return to face him?