- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Cain Velasquez Hoping For November Return Date
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been on the sidelines since his dominant fifth round TKO win over Junior dos Santos at last year’s UFC 166.
Recovering from post-fight shoulder surgery, Velasquez has yet to resume training and has no set timetable for his next bout. However, the champ appeared in Dallas for tonight’s blockbuster UFC 171 card at the American Airlines Center, speaking to MMA H.E.A.T. to at least offer some positive words about when he’ll be back:
“Doing good. I’m toward the end of my rehab right now. More so starting to try to get that strength back instead of that motion and everything. So, I get the strength back, still can’t train, yet, but hopefully pretty soon.
November sounds good, you know. … Hopefully with the rehab and everything else, that’ll give me enough time to get ready. Yeah, that’s it, I mean, I pretty much want to get back as soon as possible, and I know it’s a thing of; I have to be patient, because I don’t want to re-tear something or re-hurt something. So, I gotta be patient, listen to the doctor, and just slowly get back into it.”
With a rumored November return date for a blockbuster Velasquez title bout in his family’s home country of Mexico, it sounds like the champ still has lot of work to do. But, he has a ton of time with which to do so, making the proposed comeback a definite possibility.
With Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne set to square off for the number one contender’s spot in the main event of UFC on FOX 11 this April, Velasquez’s next challenge hasn’t been confirmed as of yet. Who will it be, and when will the mauling titleholder return to face him?