- UFC 179 Post Fight Press Conference Video
- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Brandon Vera set to face Ben Rothwell at Heavyweight for UFC 164
It seems like the Light-heavyweight experiment is officially over for Brandon Vera, well at least for now.
The former Heavyweight moved down to 205lbs attaining a mediocre 4-4 record in the process, and is now looking to return to the weight class that saw him debut with what can be considered the equivalent amount of success that we saw from Jon Jones in his first few fights in the UFC.
When Vera made his debut in 2005 he looked like a very promising future title contender and potential heavyweight champion, defeating 4 consecutive opponents in a row, finishing them within the first two rounds. That list of victims included none other than former Heavyweight champion Frank Mir.
“The Truth” will be looking to make a fresh start in the division, given that he is 35 years old, there’s not doubt the clock is ticking and he’d like to see what he can accomplish in the time he has left.
With that said, his upcoming opponent Ben Rothwellhas also seen his fair share of adversity, alternating wins and losses since his UFC debut in 2009. Rothwell looks to bounce back from a second round submission loss to Gabriel Gonzaga.
UFC 164 takes place August 31, 2013 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. No other bouts have been announced, although reports are linking both and to the card.