- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Ben Askren is ’100 percent sure’ he could beat GSP
Current Bellator Welterweight Champion Ben Askren was not impressed by the performance of Georges St-Pierre this weekend. In fact, he lambasted the champ’s performance so much that he stated he’s seen more vicious things at a youth wresting tournament.
Taking to Twitter, Askren believes that there’s no doubt he could topple the consensus number one welterweight in the world:
After tonight I am 100% sure I could beat GSP @dukeroufus
Those are some strong words from a fighter who believes that GSP’s style is not dominating or impressive. The only thing strange about that is, well, Askren has been derided for his boring wrestling-based style as much, if not even more than GSP.
He’s looked great in destroying all the competition that Bellator has thrown his way, but until we truly see against some top fighters, it’s hard to say just how good Ben Askren really is.
I think it’s pretty easy to call out the UFC Champion when you are locked up in a contract with an entirely different promotion. Is there any truth to Askren’s words, or is he just blowing smoke and trying to get some attention to his name?