- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
Ben Askren is ‘100 percent sure’ he could beat GSP
Current Bellator Welterweight Champion Ben Askren was not impressed by the performance of Georges St-Pierre this weekend. In fact, he lambasted the champ’s performance so much that he stated he’s seen more vicious things at a youth wresting tournament.
Taking to Twitter, Askren believes that there’s no doubt he could topple the consensus number one welterweight in the world:
After tonight I am 100% sure I could beat GSP @dukeroufus
Those are some strong words from a fighter who believes that GSP’s style is not dominating or impressive. The only thing strange about that is, well, Askren has been derided for his boring wrestling-based style as much, if not even more than GSP.
He’s looked great in destroying all the competition that Bellator has thrown his way, but until we truly see against some top fighters, it’s hard to say just how good Ben Askren really is.
I think it’s pretty easy to call out the UFC Champion when you are locked up in a contract with an entirely different promotion. Is there any truth to Askren’s words, or is he just blowing smoke and trying to get some attention to his name?