- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets 50 K
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results: Gritty Tate Tops McMann
- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
Ben Askren is ’100 percent sure’ he could beat GSP
Current Bellator Welterweight Champion Ben Askren was not impressed by the performance of Georges St-Pierre this weekend. In fact, he lambasted the champ’s performance so much that he stated he’s seen more vicious things at a youth wresting tournament.
Taking to Twitter, Askren believes that there’s no doubt he could topple the consensus number one welterweight in the world:
After tonight I am 100% sure I could beat GSP @dukeroufus
Those are some strong words from a fighter who believes that GSP’s style is not dominating or impressive. The only thing strange about that is, well, Askren has been derided for his boring wrestling-based style as much, if not even more than GSP.
He’s looked great in destroying all the competition that Bellator has thrown his way, but until we truly see against some top fighters, it’s hard to say just how good Ben Askren really is.
I think it’s pretty easy to call out the UFC Champion when you are locked up in a contract with an entirely different promotion. Is there any truth to Askren’s words, or is he just blowing smoke and trying to get some attention to his name?