- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
Ben Henderson: I want to be the best ever, and I won’t back down from that
Even though UFC Lightweight champion Benson Henderson has only defended his belt once (and in a highly controversial decision), he has his sights set on becoming the best fighter in UFC history. Apparently, Henderson has undergone some flack for setting his goals too high. He stated the following in an interview with MMAWeekly:
“I want to be the best ever and one of my goals is to break Anderson’s record for title defenses. I’m sorry, I apologize if I offended you somehow, but I do have longterm goals, I like to set my goals high and then go out and get them done.”
Certainly there is no problem with having goals, and Benson Henderson has proven that he can set and accomplish them. However, it may quite a bit premature to go after the great Anderson Silva‘s impressive streaks so soon. After all, Silva is a man who finishes opponents seemingly at will, while Henderson could easily no longer be the Lightweight champion if the scorecards went slightly the other way at UFC 150. We will see how his quest will carries on when he fights Nate Diaz in early December on UFC on Fox. Is Henderson just blowing smoke, or does he have a legitimate claim?
Check out the rest of the interview here: