- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Bellator 95 Results: Pat Curran vs Shahbulat Shamhalaev *UPDATED* w/ Highlights
Another Bellator card, another night of exciting finishes and competitive fights. yet again 2/3rds of the fights ended with finishes, showcasing yet again how hungry and aggressive these Bellator fighters are.
The prelims saw some great action, including a great KO by Will Martinez causing his opponent to go completely stiff as a board.
The main card saw Karo Parisyan come out surprisingly aggressive, controlling the cage and pushing the pace for the first round, despite looking quite soft and out of shape. Unfortunately for Parisyan it didn’t last as he was finished decisively via TKO in round two, when Rick Hawn landed a huge right hand followed by a couple of solid uppercuts.
Doug Marshall knocked Brett Cooper out cold in silent and eerie Uriah Hall type fashion, but took the creepiness up a notch by staring down his opponents lifeless body for a good 5-6 seconds.
We also saw Frodo Khasbulaev win a unanimous decision earning him a date with Daniel Straus and ultimately a chance at a potential title shot.
That title shot in specific would be with none other than extremely underrated Bellator Featherweight champion Pat Curran, who finished Shahbulat Shamhalaev (trying saying that 5 times fast) in extremely quick and impressive fashion with a super-tight arm in guillotine, ultimately putting him to sleep never allowing him to tap.
Shamhalaev refuted the decision but it was too late, the proof was in the replay and he was out. With no disrespect, let’s hope he keeps losing so that I never have to spell his name ever again.
Fight results are as follows:
submission (guillotine) Rd 1 (2:38)
Frodo Khasbulaev def. Mike Richman via uNanimous decision
Doug Marshall def. Brett Cooper via KO Rd 1 (3:39)
Rick Hawn def. Karo Parisyan via TKO Rd 2 (1:55)
def. def. (4:22)
def. via TKO (doctor stoppage) Rd 2 (5:00)
via uNanimous decision
via submission (armbar) Rd 2 (1:04)
def. Michael Brent Hess via KO (strikes) Rd 1 (4:15)