- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Bellator 112 Highlights: Pat Curran Takes The Featherweight Title
Bellator 112 transpired last night and it was another solid night of BMMA fights.
The main card, as broadcast on live on Spike TV from the Horseshoe Casino in Chicago, Illinois, featured four fights with three finishes, and capped by main event featherweight title match between defending champion Daniel Straus, and challenger and former champion, Pat Curran.
Simply put it was a great fight.
Curran probably took the first round with his aggressive and high paced attack of Daniel Straus. However and over the next three, Straus got the better of Curran and was, in all likelihood, ahead on the judges’ scorecards by three rounds when the fifth round broke.
Going into the final championship round Curran appeared to need a stoppage to win. Indeed, his corner stated as such while Curran was on the stool between at the end of the fourth. Dutifully, Curran took his corner’s advice. Having done little with the opening four minutes of the round Curran finally got Straus to the ground and worked his magic. Stuffing up against the cage and with the clock running down rapidly, “Paddy Mike” secured a rear-naked-choke with 14 seconds left on the clock. It was a truly dramatic finish.
If you missed it or any of the other finishes from the night, then here are the highlights from the evening.