- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 1
- Brian Bowles Arrested For Possession Of Methamphetamine
- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
Back To Training, Anderson Silva Snaps High Kick With Left Leg
It hasn’t even been five months, but former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s road to recovery seems to have taken forever.
Each and every step of “The Spider’s” rehabilitation from the gruesome broken leg he suffered against Chris Weidman in the main event of UFC 168 has been chronicled and dissected in painstaking detail, giving fans a ton of insight as to whether or not the all-time great still has it.
Despite the fact that his injury was one of the most shocking we’ve ever seen inside an MMA cage, Silva has impressed with his rapid succession of milestones. He was recently cleared to resume training fully in MMA.
“The Spider” has made it quite clear that his goal is to return in 2015, but UFC president Dana White expressed multiple times that Silva has said one thing and done the other more than once, citing his rematch with Chael Sonnen as the perfect example.
In any case, Silva is back to training, and it looks like he’s picking up the pace. The big question is obviously how hard he can kick with his left leg.
He recently showed us that he could in a video posted to his Instagram account. The true test will come when he is faced with kicking a real life opponent, but whomever that may be, should they grow more and more afraid of “The Spider’s” anticipated Octagon return?