- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Antonio Silva & Mark Hunt: A Picture Of Two Brothers In Arms
After pummelling the living daylights out of one another for five rounds, in what may be the greatest heavyweight fight in UFC history, Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva and Mark “The Super Samoan” Hunt posed for a picture together backstage, at last night’s UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia.
The two put on an amazing fight, with both looking as if they were about to stop the other at several points in the match. The fight was razor thin in its scoring, with the judges finally determining that the bout was a majority draw.
As it was, one of the judges scored the match 48 – 47 Hunt, while the other two judges marked it 47 – 47. The net result of it was that one judge gave Hunt three rounds, as well as one 10 – 8 round, while the other judge gave Silva three rounds, as well as his own 10 – 8 round; razor close to say the least.
As the two are good friends and former training partners, Mark wanted fans to see that friends can go to war with one another, yet still remain friends.
Mark posted the picture on his Twitter account, with the following comment:
“Brothers in arms well done Bigfoot 1 love.”
Truly, it’s a great picture and most assuredly, fans are going to want to see these two great fighters in a rematch.
As a side note and if you didn’t know, both fighters received their “win” money for their performances last night; as was only fitting.
Brothers in arms well done Bigfoot 1 love pic.twitter.com/HyNz9klFQC
— mark richard hunt (@markhunt1974) December 7, 2013