- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Anthony Pettis Out Of UFC 163, Korean Zombie Will Face Jose Aldo
The injury curse continues, this time Anthony Pettis is the victim. The match between Jose Aldo and Anthony Pettis has now been changed, with Korean Zombie (Chan Jung Sung) stepping in on short notice.
Dana White confirmed the news via his twitter account:
Pettis hurt his knee, Korean Zombie will now face Jose Aldo for the title on the Aug card in Rio Brazil.
Terrible news for Pettis, who has been deserving of a title shot ever since he joined the UFC. He holds a victory over the current LW champion Ben Henderson, and was the last WEC 155lb. champ.
Depending on the severity of the injury, and the length of the layoff-Pettis could be looking at a long road back to the title shot. Can he do it?I know one thing, this is the last thing that the UFC’s Featherweight division needed, although Korean Zombie may disagree.
Many believed KZ to be the rightful contender to Aldo’s crown, and although the prospect is not as exciting as Pettis vs. Aldo, it will still be an awesome fight.
And what about Aldo vs. Zombie? Are you guys pumped for this fight? Or will it be a walkover for the champion Aldo? Stay tuned to Lowkick for more as it comes in!