- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman Rematch Official For UFC 168
After much speculation, the rematch that everyone wants to see has been officially signed. Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman II will go down on December 28th from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Rumors had UFC President Dana White looking to book the huge title for the year-end spectacle, and he was chronicled as going to Los Angeles to talk with the ormer champion. Now, the speculation has become reality and Silva will look to get his belt back before the year is up.
New champ Weidman has been adamant about accepting the rematch since immediately after the fight, and although Silva said he was done fighting for the title afterwards, sources deemed Silva re-motivated and ready to regain his long-held belt.
Dana White apparently booked the fight today, and appeared on ESPN to sum up the prospects of the bout:
“This fight will be the biggest fight in UFC history.”
He may just be right. Silva is already a slight favorite in the odds. Will we see the best version of ‘The Spider?’