- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
Anderson Silva Says Teixeira Is The #1 Contender
Former middleweight champion and consensus #1 stand-up fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, today endorsed fellow Brazilian Glover Teixeira as the number one contender to fight Jon Jones.
Speaking to reporters, “The Spider” said that in his opinion “Glover is the number one contender for (a) fight with Jon Jones, because Glover (has) good technique, he’s strong and he’s (got) good wrestling.”
Anderson’s praises aside, one has to remember that before he can get a fight with the champion, Glover has to beat heavy-handed and powerful wrestler Ryan Bader, first (UFC Fight Night 28, September 4th).
Beyond that, Jones himself must survive Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, 17 days later.
Where I believe the 4 & 0 Teixeira is a solid fighter, having garnered 3 of his 4 wins by of stoppage (2 submissions & 1 TKO), one has to wonder what skills he brings to the table that Jones hasn’t either seen before or dealt with, and what his strategy would be to dethrone the un-defeated champion.
In particular, it would be interesting to see how Glover would deal with the champ’s eight-and-a-half reach advantage and phenomenal wrestling skills.