- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
Anderson Silva Says Teixeira Is The #1 Contender
Former middleweight champion and consensus #1 stand-up fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, today endorsed fellow Brazilian Glover Teixeira as the number one contender to fight Jon Jones.
Speaking to reporters, “The Spider” said that in his opinion “Glover is the number one contender for (a) fight with Jon Jones, because Glover (has) good technique, he’s strong and he’s (got) good wrestling.”
Anderson’s praises aside, one has to remember that before he can get a fight with the champion, Glover has to beat heavy-handed and powerful wrestler Ryan Bader, first (UFC Fight Night 28, September 4th).
Beyond that, Jones himself must survive Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, 17 days later.
Where I believe the 4 & 0 Teixeira is a solid fighter, having garnered 3 of his 4 wins by of stoppage (2 submissions & 1 TKO), one has to wonder what skills he brings to the table that Jones hasn’t either seen before or dealt with, and what his strategy would be to dethrone the un-defeated champion.
In particular, it would be interesting to see how Glover would deal with the champ’s eight-and-a-half reach advantage and phenomenal wrestling skills.