- Anthony Johnson: ‘I’ll Wait A Year Like Vitor If I Have To’
- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody, Makes $2,500 Bail
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
Anderson Silva Says Teixeira Is The #1 Contender
Former middleweight champion and consensus #1 stand-up fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, today endorsed fellow Brazilian Glover Teixeira as the number one contender to fight Jon Jones.
Speaking to reporters, “The Spider” said that in his opinion “Glover is the number one contender for (a) fight with Jon Jones, because Glover (has) good technique, he’s strong and he’s (got) good wrestling.”
Anderson’s praises aside, one has to remember that before he can get a fight with the champion, Glover has to beat heavy-handed and powerful wrestler Ryan Bader, first (UFC Fight Night 28, September 4th).
Beyond that, Jones himself must survive Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, 17 days later.
Where I believe the 4 & 0 Teixeira is a solid fighter, having garnered 3 of his 4 wins by of stoppage (2 submissions & 1 TKO), one has to wonder what skills he brings to the table that Jones hasn’t either seen before or dealt with, and what his strategy would be to dethrone the un-defeated champion.
In particular, it would be interesting to see how Glover would deal with the champ’s eight-and-a-half reach advantage and phenomenal wrestling skills.